Catalyst Records

Catalyst Records Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tears of gaia reforming
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:02 am 
i need some fresh air

Anybody know anything about this?

* IF all you want to do is come in to this thread and slate erik (who may even have nothing to do with the reformation), then get the fuck out.

Last edited by seitan on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:58 am 
i need some fresh air

I don't think many of these posters would give a shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:13 am 
i need some fresh air

depends who's in the band :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:46 am 
i need some fresh air

Yeah but the whole controversary over Eric... :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:14 am 

I'm looking forward to it.
Innocent till proven guilty.

"I can smell burning flesh, I hope to god it's human" - Morrissey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:08 am 
i need some fresh air

VeganUprising wrote:

let's not do this again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:25 pm 
i need some fresh air

kurt wrote:
VeganUprising wrote:

let's not do this again.

Why did you pick this quote out, when the two posts previous to this one, were talking about the same thing?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:22 pm 
i need some fresh air

seitan wrote:
kurt wrote:
VeganUprising wrote:

let's not do this again.

Why did you pick this quote out, when the two posts previous to this one, were talking about the same thing?

because it was the last post?
because "innocent until proven guilty" is a ridiculous standard to set in some cases?
because i hate people from islands?
who fucking cares. i'm tired of this argument already and i had to lock the last thread, should i just lock this one now? i don't have a problem doing that if it saves the drama.

more on logical fallacies:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:35 pm 
i need some fresh air

kurt wrote:
seitan wrote:
[

because it was the last post?
because "innocent until proven guilty" is a ridiculous standard to set in some cases?
because i hate people from islands?
who fucking cares. i'm tired of this argument already and i had to lock the last thread, should i just lock this one now? i don't have a problem doing that if it saves the drama.

more on logical fallacies:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

Its your forum, do what you think is right.
Al live asked is does anybody know anything about tears of gaia getting back together, if that pisses you off, sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:20 pm 

Yeah sorry. It was just a gentle poke of the proverbial rumour fire, not an actual basis for opinion/debate.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am 
i need some fresh air

Well they're looking for Vegan Edge members, but didn't Erik break edge? Also isn't he a big bone daddy cool cat hip daddio psychobilly king now? So does that mean he's not in the band?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:13 am 

Revengeance wrote:
Well they're looking for Vegan Edge members, but didn't Erik break edge?

I have no idea, but, so what if he did? He may now still not drink/smoke/use drugs/not fuck around. So perhaps it's just
simpler to ask for an edge kiddy-wink. ALSO....it does annoy me rules and regulations around who can be edge and who can't. In the same way people get told they can't call thenselves HL. If someone stops being vegan for x amount of time, eating dairy, and they then give up dairy again, they, it seems, are aloud to be called vegan again.

Revengeance wrote:
Also isn't he a big bone daddy cool cat hip daddio psychobilly king now?

And?
Seriously, and what? Would you feel better if, when playing with T.O.G he changed into token running shoes, baggy combats and hoodie? Maybe X's would seel the deal, but if you're a firm believer in the 'if you're not now you never where' school of thought then possibly carry a drug testing kit.

Revengeance wrote:
So does that mean he's not in the band?

More cliches and segregation in hardcore.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:22 pm 
i need some fresh air

So, im guessing nobody does actually know anything about it ha ah ah
I was hoping somebody from so cal may know something.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:45 pm 
i need some fresh air

seitan wrote:
So, im guessing nobody does actually know anything about it ha ah ah
I was hoping somebody from so cal may know something.

It's been said in older posts that none of these board members from southern california want contact with him anymore... I'm guessing, I know I'm not there and that I'm not involved in their scene and that I have no place to speak about it... but I'm confident enough to be going by older posts to say that asking that question on here is a lost cause.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:11 pm 
i need some fresh air

That is assuming the reformation has anything to do with eric.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:33 pm 
i need some fresh air

seitan wrote:
That is assuming the reformation has anything to do with eric.

Wasn't he the only person on the recordings? It wouldn't be the same band without the only member who recorded. That's the same as me "re-forming" Statement.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:54 pm 
i need some fresh air

No, im pretty sure he wasnt the only person on the recording, as im sure he cant play drums!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:40 pm 
i need some fresh air

Rat,it seems you already know their getting back together since you posted on their myspace page and got a response from,Erik?
So if erik soldout sXe,why ask members to be sXe.I think if he's quit whatever he did do to not be edge,then that's fine to go back.I don't see a difference in edge or vegan,to me.to me they go hand in hand.

Direct questions towards sean of vegan Reich/uprising if you want to know why HL is dead.
Man,did you quote the fuck out of minor threat or what!
That's the whole problem,according to too many,Erik IS and has been "fucking around"!!!
Really,tog had a very boring sound,to me that is.last time I saw em,the bassist,I think,was bored out of his mind and pissed.a new sound would be best!

vsXe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:12 am 
i need some fresh air

jethic wrote:
Rat,it seems you already know their getting back together since you posted on their myspace page and got a response from,Erik?

Of course i know about the reformation, thats why i was asking if anybody here knew about it. From what has been said in previous threads nobody would want anything to do with erik, so i was asking if anybody here knew anything, thinking maybe it had nothing to do with erik.
I didnt realise anybody responded to me, ill check it out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:37 pm 
i need some fresh air

Cool.I guess their looking for 2 other members.

vsXe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:09 pm 

the idea of tears of gaia becoming active again is nothing short of a joke. erik has had little no involvement with the hardcore scene for at least a couple of years, and for good reason. it would be interesting to see him try and book a successful show. i know no one in the southern california scene (or the west coast, i may venture to say) will give him an ounce of help. erik, if you're reading this, we don't need you or your tired, insincere music. stay dead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:05 pm 
i need some fresh air

andy xvx wrote:
the idea of tears of gaia becoming active again is nothing short of a joke. erik has had little no involvement with the hardcore scene for at least a couple of years, and for good reason. it would be interesting to see him try and book a successful show. i know no one in the southern california scene (or the west coast, i may venture to say) will give him an ounce of help. erik, if you're reading this, we don't need you or your tired, insincere music. stay dead.

Uh, yeah, welcome to the catalyst board, way to start!

You said;
" i know no one in the southern california scene (or the west coast, i may venture to say) will give him an ounce of help."

Uh, but, whoever it is, that is looking for two members, obviously has 2 other members, so, someone must be helping!

Kurt, im not the one bringing up these issues again, its the pc so cal crowd.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 pm 
i need some fresh air

seitan wrote:
andy xvx wrote:

Uh, yeah, welcome to the catalyst board, way to start!

10 months old, I'll have you know! How are you so friendly with Eric anyway? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:40 pm 
i need some fresh air

So if Erik is not involved is anyone interested in checking it out? I mean I like the demo and the 7 inch so Im curious to see what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:14 pm 
i need some fresh air

VeganUprising wrote:
Revengeance wrote:
Well they're looking for Vegan Edge members, but didn't Erik break edge?

I have no idea, but, so what if he did? He may now still not drink/smoke/use drugs/not fuck around. So perhaps it's just
simpler to ask for an edge kiddy-wink. ALSO....it does annoy me rules and regulations around who can be edge and who can't. In the same way people get told they can't call thenselves HL. If someone stops being vegan for x amount of time, eating dairy, and they then give up dairy again, they, it seems, are aloud to be called vegan again.

Revengeance wrote:
Also isn't he a big bone daddy cool cat hip daddio psychobilly king now?

And?
Seriously, and what? Would you feel better if, when playing with T.O.G he changed into token running shoes, baggy combats and hoodie? Maybe X's would seel the deal, but if you're a firm believer in the 'if you're not now you never where' school of thought then possibly carry a drug testing kit.

Revengeance wrote:
So does that mean he's not in the band?

More cliches and segregation in hardcore.

Yo, simmer down. I was just being a dickhead because I wanted to make a psychobilly joke. I also make token mid 90s hardcore kid jokes, youth crew kid jokes, party wastoid crusty kid jokes and seventeen year old pretentious internet "skram" kid jokes. Apparently my humour did not transfer well to you.

Also, I don't know this dude, but from the array of things posted by people close to Erik from within the Socal scene//the things I've heard and read, I don't really want anything to do with him. However, I was/am a fan of Tears Of Gaia's old recordings, and was simply asking if he was in the band because they were/are(?) a Vegan Straight Edge band, and it had been previously stated that he broke Edge, so I was just trying to decipher if he was in the band or not.

To touch on the thing about who can and "can't" be edge.... I couldn't give two fucks about people who reclaim, and don't give a fuck if Erik/anyone else broke/breaks. Do whatever the fuck you want. Not my idea of Straight Edge, but that's why I would never reclaim if I broke. I have seen a very close friend break and reclaim multiple times in the past, and it just kind of "cheapens" my idea of Straight Edge. But whatever, people can do whatever they want with their lives. The amount of fourteen/fifteen year old punk kids who will call themselves Edge for a year, get into drinking, and then rediscover it when they are older/get more into hardcore is always going to be quite large. Whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:31 pm 

I have a fairly good idea of who the two people are that are already a part of this farce, and i have not seen them around at any shows or heard of them being involved in the scene at all for couple of years either. What compelled me to write on this thread, aside from the idiotic sentiments expressed by some other posters, is the fact that erik thinks he can reform this band and suddenly be a part of the scene again. There is a reason that band hasn't played for the last 2 years. Of course he fails to address this in his blog, opting instead for the "we've been busy for the past two years but are now ready for you to have us back" attitude. It's insulting to me, as someone who has put so much emotion and energy into the scene that he used as a tool to satisfy his lust at the great expense of others. This is not an issue of being of being "PC" or not, as some who might like to easily dismiss it would say. Standing against sexual abusers is not about political correctness, but social and ethical responsibility.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:29 pm 

Revengeance wrote:
Yo, simmer down. I was just being a dickhead because I wanted to make a psychobilly joke.

DAMN IT!! I've fallen victim to a mis-read sarcasitc post :oops: I always swore I'd never be that guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:12 pm 
i need some fresh air

andy xvx wrote:
I have a fairly good idea of who the two people are that are already a part of this farce, and i have not seen them around at any shows or heard of them being involved in the scene at all for couple of years either. What compelled me to write on this thread, aside from the idiotic sentiments expressed by some other posters, is the fact that erik thinks he can reform this band and suddenly be a part of the scene again. There is a reason that band hasn't played for the last 2 years. Of course he fails to address this in his blog, opting instead for the "we've been busy for the past two years but are now ready for you to have us back" attitude. It's insulting to me, as someone who has put so much emotion and energy into the scene that he used as a tool to satisfy his lust at the great expense of others. This is not an issue of being of being "PC" or not, as some who might like to easily dismiss it would say. Standing against sexual abusers is not about political correctness, but social and ethical responsibility.

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt, that you didnt see this in my first post, as it was added as an edit;

* IF all you want to do is come in to this thread and slate erik (who may even have nothing to do with the reformation), then get the fuck out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:38 am 

seitan wrote:
andy xvx wrote:

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt, that you didnt see this in my first post, as it was added as an edit;

the same chicken shit who cried about me wanting to "censor" him in the last thread. remarkable. you are about as consistent as a poorly made stew.

i would also like to comment on the dimwittedness of veganuprising chiding "cliches" while also throwing out the misappropriated and truly cliched "innocent until proven guilty" line.

erik's personal merits seem to be reflected in the intellectual merits of his apologists. a hypocrite and sexual predator being defended by out of touch, credulous erks who, along with the national front, must be the shame of albion.

kurt, i truly apologize for exacerbating this, i attempted to but simply could no longer restrain my inclination to hate on these guys for their unreasoned irresponsibility.

kurt, i apologize

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:04 am 

kurt wrote:
i'm tired of this argument already and i had to lock the last thread, should i just lock this one now? i don't have a problem doing that if it saves the drama.

backed (though i also contribute, i realize)