Catalyst Records

Catalyst Records Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hardline zines
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:45 am 

i'm looking for old hardline zines. photocopies are fine. i have a few i can copy for you in trade.

energydome@peoplepc.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:43 am 

i am also looking for Vangaurd issues 3 & 9. if anyone has them and is willing to make copies or scan them or something, please let me know.

XocseX3@aol.com

Post subject: Re: Hardline zines
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:10 am 

hi! i need help. I'm looking for Vangaurd zines. I have just Vangaurd #1. It's hard to get this zines, cuz I'm from Russia. If someone will send me it on e-mail, it will be great, cuz we gonna translate it on russian, and print to make hardline and xvx ideas more widespread.
Thank you! My e-mail: xyoungxscumx@mail.ru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:54 am 

take a look, they loaded up some zines for download:
http://www.myspace.com/hardlinechapterchile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:27 pm 

I have a bunch in pdf and essays on word docs, e-mail me rising.of.the.tide@gmail.com

"I can smell burning flesh, I hope to god it's human" - Morrissey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:50 pm 
i need some fresh air

xannx wrote:
hi! i need help. I'm looking for Vangaurd zines. I have just Vangaurd #1. It's hard to get this zines, cuz I'm from Russia. If someone will send me it on e-mail, it will be great, cuz we gonna translate it on russian, and print to make hardline and xvx ideas more widespread.
Thank you! My e-mail: xyoungxscumx@mail.ru

I get wanting to read these things for nostalgia/interest in an old ideology...but I don't get why someone would want to translate and print any of the old Hardline shit to make it more "widespread". It is long dead.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:47 am 

I find it odd when people say "oh hardlines dead" if someone holds the same ideals why are they for some reason not aloud to use the moniker?

You can't kill an idea.

"I can smell burning flesh, I hope to god it's human" - Morrissey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:13 am 
i need some fresh air

which part of "dead" didn't you understand? :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:28 pm 
i need some fresh air

VeganUprising wrote:
I find it odd when people say "oh hardlines dead" if someone holds the same ideals why are they for some reason not aloud to use the moniker?

You can't kill an idea.

That's all fine and dandy if you believe in the same ideals and principals that Hardline once stood for....but the actual "movement" or "group" or whatever is...DEAD! I don't get how you can claim to take part in something that was "officially" dismantled.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:56 pm 
i need some fresh air

VeganUprising wrote:

You can't kill an idea.

according to the person that created the organization called "Hardline" the organization was ended quite some time ago..

HL was not like straight edge, or veganism, where you just claim it (at least by the end of the organization). There were chapters that had to be approved, etc, etc. I'm assuming that these new "chapters" have not been approved, or are not recognized by the orginization, since the organization was disbanded.

xvx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:29 pm 

Revengeance
It doesn't metter for me, is Hardline alive or not, cuz I don't want to rise it. I want to let guys and girls in Russia to know how it was in America and Europe 90s. And I don't agree with some things in HL, but it seems like a history for me, you know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:14 pm 
i need some fresh air

xannx: cool, that makes sense.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:54 pm 
i need some fresh air

http://diy.aresistance.net/downloads/zi ... 0Zines.rar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:43 pm 
i need some fresh air

straight from the inside wrote:
http://diy.aresistance.net/downloads/zines/Hardline%20Zines.rar

Ooh, thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:22 pm 

cheers, very interesting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:59 pm 

There are definitely a lot of people trying to revive this shit. They really like the image.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:27 pm 
i need some fresh air

Hey Path To Misery, I'm definitely not one of them. Just being nerd about zines. And collecting these pdfs to read what they've had to say back in the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:03 pm 

Wasn't insinuating that you were. Haha, you are maybe one of the last people I would ever expect to go hardline. I have a lot of zines and records myself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:28 pm 

great, thank you !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:36 pm 
i need some fresh air

Path To Misery wrote:
There are definitely a lot of people trying to revive this shit. They really like the image.

I think it'd be exciting! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:37 pm 
i need some fresh air

Hey Path To Misery, I'm definitely not one of them.

If I gave a shit, I would be but I don't, so I won't be. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:32 pm 

Path To Misery wrote:

Why do you care about it? I don't understand, why some people make much ado about nothing. If guys are vegans, drug free, anarchists and make some activism, why not? Is it so fundamentally important to abuse them just because you disagree about abortions or homophobia or something like this?
My friend-hardliner make a music compilation with vegan bands to get money and help animal shelter. And one band told something like "Oh, you are a hardliner! We won't send our song to you!" Is it okey to look for a conflict on purpose, when it leads to the fact that you won't help the animals?
I told, that I don't agree with some things about hardline, I don't wanna revive it. But I don't understand why some people criticize it so much. It doesn't matter who you are if you make some actions. And I think we should make it togher without strifes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:56 pm 
i need some fresh air

xannx wrote:
Path To Misery wrote:

Why do you care about it? I don't understand, why some people make much ado about nothing. If guys are vegans, drug free, anarchists and make some activism, why not? Is it so fundamentally important to abuse them just because you disagree about abortions or homophobia or something like this?
My friend-hardliner make a music compilation with vegan bands to get money and help animal shelter. And one band told something like "Oh, you are a hardliner! We won't send our song to you!" Is it okey to look for a conflict on purpose, when it leads to the fact that you won't help the animals?
I told, that I don't agree with some things about hardline, I don't wanna revive it. But I don't understand why some people criticize it so much. It doesn't matter who you are if you make some actions. And I think we should make it togher without strifes.

well, personally, i don't want to share anything with people who have homophobic ideas. Otherwise i would have to collaborate also with nazis who might share my same views (veganism, animal rights/liberation). Total Liberation for everyone except gay people? no thanks! Doesn't really make sense in my opinion!
I think it's anachronistic to be hardline in 2009 because of what it turned to be already 15 years ago. Many of the arguments they had (again... let's pick the "homosexuality is not natural") had just no logical sense.
Also, I have no idea how are things over there, but looking at myspace, a lot of people claiming hardline are just looking for a new fashion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:15 pm 

XfortheworldX
I agree with you about fashion. But it accompanies whatever (sub)culture.
I think your analogy about nazis is not correct sometimes. I mean there are crazy homophobic bastards, who are aggressive. I don't want to share anything with people like them too.
But hardliners that i know never told aggressive or terrible things. Yes, they believe that homosexual is not natural, but they never told thing like "total liberation for all, exept gays"
They just say that in the context of anarcho-primitivism society there wouldn't be any homosexuals because people will back in nature. There are no earthly reasons to debate, I think. I don't see any problem, if they talk about human liberation for all anyway

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:40 pm 

there's a band here in germany that has a guitar player claiming hardline. it's just this one guy and otherwise the band doesn't have anything to do with hl and if you wanna let them play at your show basically every band will refuse to play as soon as they find out. and while i think the hardline perspectives on homosexuality and abortion are completely anti-liberatory and dangerous it still seems crazy. the whole scene is full of pro-capitalists and apologists for other parts of the dominant order without anyone giving a flying fuck about it but when it's about hardline it suddenly all becomes political. i guess that's because there are so few of them that it doesn't really take any effort to avoid them.

i enjoy talking to a hardliner much more than talking to a pro-capitalist liberal.

xannx wrote:
They just say that in the context of anarcho-primitivism society there wouldn't be any homosexuals because people will back in nature.

Haha... the basis of anarcho-primitivism is anthropology. Please tell the people who believe that homosexuality is an invention of civilization to study a little antropology on this subject. It's the other way around. Disapproving of homosexuality is an invention of our civilization. From what i know Plato was the first to call it unnatural. In some cultures homosexuality even is/was the norm.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:12 am 
i need some fresh air

xannx wrote:
Yes, they believe that homosexual is not natural, but they never told thing like "total liberation for all, exept gays".

of course they don't say this but if homosexuality is unnatural and we must go back to the "natural order" this is what they imply

Quote:
They just say that in the context of anarcho-primitivism society there wouldn't be any homosexuals because people will back in nature. There are no earthly reasons to debate, I think. I don't see any problem, if they talk about human liberation for all anyway

I agree with wht Timmae wrote on this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 am 
i need some fresh air

Timmae wrote:
there's a band here in germany that has a guitar player claiming hardline. it's just this one guy and otherwise the band doesn't have anything to do with hl and if you wanna let them play at your show basically every band will refuse to play as soon as they find out. and while i think the hardline perspectives on homosexuality and abortion are completely anti-liberatory and dangerous it still seems crazy. the whole scene is full of pro-capitalists and apologists for other parts of the dominant order without anyone giving a flying fuck about it but when it's about hardline it suddenly all becomes political. i guess that's because there are so few of them that it doesn't really take any effort to avoid them.

This is an interesting consideration. I can only speak for italy but maybe things are similar there. Maybe it's because the abortion and homophobia issues are still receiving a great consideration by the democratic/liberal center-left parties (which, let's face it, most of the people in the "scene" agree with) while anticapitalism and other issues aren't considered anymore by these parties. It's kinda the same here anyway. Once there were even rumors that we were organizing shows of hardline homophobic (and possibly nazi) bands... of course none of the bands we ever organized was like that!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:56 am 

Timmae wrote:
From what i know Plato was the first to call it unnatural. In some cultures homosexuality even is/was the norm.

1. Plato was gay.

2. One of his most famous quotes is "Homosexuality is regarded as shameful by barbarians and by those who live under despotic governments just as philosophy is regarded as shameful by them, because it is apparently not in the interest of such rulers to have great ideas engendered in their subjects, or powerful friendships or passionate love-all of which homosexuality is particularly apt to produce."

3. I've been reading anthropology texts regularly since I was 14 and have not once come across any reference to a culture where homosexuality was the norm. I'd be really grateful for any leads you might have.

4. Homosexuality has been decried as "unnatural" by the participants, if not the rhetoric, of many of the major liberation struggles and radical "heroes" of the last 200 years, as well as the founders of the deep ecology movement and many anthropologists and biologists. The view is not by any means unique to hardline, The Westboro Baptist Church, or Ann Coulter. It's pervasive and it lurks just about everywhere, including in the minds of radical sacred cows - acknowledged or not.

Last edited by xithejuryx on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:23 am 
i need some fresh air

xannx wrote:

there are many examples of cultures living "naturally" that include homosexuality as either accepted practices, or as inherent cultural traditions.

xvx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:26 am 

These discussions about what's natural and what's not are ridiculous. How on earth can you even begin to objectively measure, quantify & classify 'naturalness'?

Anyone who automatically categorises anything as good/bad simply because of how natural/unnatural they perceive it to be is an idiot.