Catalyst Records

Catalyst Records Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:00 pm 
i need some fresh air

I wrote an email to Distressed with interview questions few weeks ago and still no reply from them. Please, check your mail (xdistressedx (A) gmail.com) and let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:40 pm 
i need some fresh air

they broke up a while ago

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:21 pm 
i need some fresh air

Shit... they were so good! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:14 am 
i need some fresh air

Figures. Maybe it's my own lack of involvement in HC this past year, but there seems to a bit of a funk with regards to the vegan straight edge scene. IDK though, I'm "only" 21 (already feel much "older"), so I haven't been around long enough to really determine what counts as a dry spell, and like I said, maybe it's my own isolation/poor situational awareness that's causing me to be deluded.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:56 am 
i need some fresh air

TraditionDiesHere wrote:
Figures. Maybe it's my own lack of involvement in HC this past year, but there seems to a bit of a funk with regards to the vegan straight edge scene. IDK though, I'm "only" 21 (already feel much "older"), so I haven't been around long enough to really determine what counts as a dry spell, and like I said, maybe it's my own isolation/poor situational awareness that's causing me to be deluded.

It's my impression that southern California and Mexico have quite vibrant XVX scenes, then again I am in England.

contend . abandon . lockstep . distressed (now broken up)... i don't know, there just seems to be a few names i hear frequently.

the monterry mexico scene seems to all be the same guys forming different bands with friends, abraham or xgovex (i think, on here), is in 3 bands i'm aware of.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:15 am 
i need some fresh air

vcharliev wrote:
It's my impression that southern California and Mexico have quite vibrant XVX scenes, then again I am in England.

contend . abandon . lockstep . distressed (now broken up)... i don't know, there just seems to be a few names i hear frequently.

Abandon is also either on hiatus or no longer.
i didn't realize lockstep was actually xvx.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 pm 
i need some fresh air

kurt wrote:
vcharliev wrote:

Abandon is also either on hiatus or no longer.
i didn't realize lockstep was actually xvx.

2 members of Gather and Brian from Catharsis. I thought they were but I also have never heard the band, i just remember genie telling me that via a myspace message a year and a half or so ago. I know they're around still but I've never heard them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:17 pm 

well i wouldn't say the vegan edge scene here in monterrey today is what it used to be. there's a few kids who are all close friends and have one or two bands, (namely the people charlie talked about) but other than that there isn't a lot of activity and the hardcore scene here is just lacking interest nowadays. not a lot of people care for local bands anymore. it's all very scattered and aimless... i dunno, the US seems to be the same way, at least the last few shows i attended. people seem detached in general. i just can't seem to find that excitement and drive of past times anywhere anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 am 
i need some fresh air

xsalx wrote:
well i wouldn't say the vegan edge scene here in monterrey today is what it used to be. there's a few kids who are all close friends and have one or two bands, (namely the people charlie talked about) but other than that there isn't a lot of activity and the hardcore scene here is just lacking interest nowadays. not a lot of people care for local bands anymore. it's all very scattered and aimless... i dunno, the US seems to be the same way, at least the last few shows i attended. people seem detached in general. i just can't seem to find that excitement and drive of past times anywhere anymore.

same in italy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:58 pm 

Lockstep are not a xvx band. They just happen to have all members that our xvx. And brian from catharsis is not one of them.

Parasitic Skies played Distressed last show in August when we were on tour.

I dunno whats up with Abandon or Contend but I know their members are scattered around the west coast now so they arnt as active. Same with Parasitic Skies, our singer lives in Brooklyn now so we are all touring only bands.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:02 pm 
i need some fresh air

xmetalmikex wrote:
Lockstep are not a xvx band. They just happen to have all members that our xvx. And brian from catharsis is not one of them.

yeah, i don't know how that rumor got started, haha.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:47 pm 
i need some fresh air

kurt wrote:
xmetalmikex wrote:

yeah, i don't know how that rumor got started, haha.

maybe it was just an idea, i think that's who genie told me via myspace messaging when lockstep was just forming. i may have just got the guy entirely wrong though. :wink: