Catalyst Records

Catalyst Records Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 pm 

I would love to have your record label linked from my website which is under construction, all I ask is that you submit your bands to be featured on the website! The more bands we have the more traffic!

MORE INFO:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/217805174983909/

-Josh Brumley
Tacoma WA

PS Deathbed Rules.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:22 pm 

Wolfpack Collective is a collective group of bands OF ANY GENRE and people that stretch across the US and Canada. Each band will have their own page on the website (currently underway) where their music will stream. Bands will be organized by geographic location which will make it much easier for bands booking tours to find contacts for booking states and for anyone to stream new music!

Checklist for WPC Bands:

1. Promo picture of your band-This can be a live show photo, photos your friends took of the band, whatever you would like to use to represent your band as a whole.
2. Band logo- People who create flyers for shows that your band plays can take the logo off of the WPC site, this will increase our traffic in the sense that assuming, the person designing the flyer will have to come to... WPC to retrieve it
3. Bio- Include information about your band, where you’re from, your Facebook/BandCamp/Whatever URL. This will be representing your band on WPC, we won’t write a bio for you. You must include where you are from, the entire point of WPC is to get a geographic map of bands and essentially, contacts.

Once you have completed this checklist email everything to joshviaduct@gmail.com and your submission will be reviewed and if everything is accounted for, you will be added to the band roster.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:08 pm 

lots of views, no responses...
Im not gonna be bummed if you guys think this idea is stupid,
but gimme some feedback here?

Is anyone interested in being a part of this? I got 200 ish members on this silly fb group organizing everything...

Do you need questions answered? Whats stopping you from submitting your band to be streamed by a shitload of new people?

Just trying to help create a big network of cool people... let me know your thoughts...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:55 am 
i need some fresh air

It's a cool idea, really optimistic though, so I don't know if people will feel disillusioned by it due to the fact bands on facebook are already linked to soundcloud or can have music via their facebook pages. therefore it may not have an extra advantage, although if you're still going when facebook shuts down and a new one crops up as happened with myspace, it may stand the test of time. the website you're trying to make will probably be like purevolume.com or http://pahardcore.com/, which i don't think are very widely used anymore since facebook and myspace allowed band pages with music to stream and "about the band" sections and booking contacts etc with pictures. It might not be a necessary project, it's still a good idea though and my cynicism could be uncalled for.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:31 am 

myspace music was cool because you were able to search for bands based on the town or state they were from, and then browse bands and stream them...

Now if you want to browse bands you have to do it on toxicbreed or some other blog and then download it, or just follow a bunch of record label pages.

this site will be different than facebook because there will be a shitload of bands on it, and all these bands will be organized by their geographic location, so you can just browse the band roster and stream all sorts of different tunes, ORRRRR if youre on tour and a show falls through, you can hit up a band from the state your show fell through at to help you get something else together.

Touring can suck and this can help with that, plus I love streaming all sorts of new bands and facebook sucks for not being user friendly in that respect.

Make a bit more sense now?
Still unsure?
I have 50 bands who have done the submissions so far, and a few small record labels, some clothing lines, and booking companies, who all want to be a part of this DIY network of people!

I just need help getting bands stoked from your area!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:47 am 

Hard times are coming my way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIAoilO0Bh0