Catalyst Records

Catalyst Records Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:11 am 
i need some fresh air

Location: PARIS, France...un 3 pièce a Choisy Le Roi, 5eme étage sans ascenseur
just posted this on others boards.
i do like tattoos and piercings, i do have some, but... this is boundless !! i agree this is "his" face and "his "body"... don't know what to think about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:40 am 
i need some fresh air

he's a good guy, lives in Indianapolis (or did?).
i'm not super into his body mods of choice, but shit, not my body.

xvx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:15 am 
i need some fresh air

yeah, ive seen his pics before, that is a ton of holes, and the nose gauges are ridiculous!

it is his face so its always his choice. But thats too much for me :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:34 am 
i need some fresh air

i think it looks ridiculous, and wonder what the underlying motives are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:39 pm 
i need some fresh air

Saw pics of him before. He has a net page with more stuff and explains why he does that.

Personally I think it's horrible. I know each to their own. But it's gross to say the least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:04 pm 
i need some fresh air

seitan wrote:

i agree it looks ridiculous to us, because of our own cultural baggage. i just try and remember that all of that cultural baggage is totally arbitrary.

i also think that people in africa with distended necks or huge plates in their lip look ridiculous, but i'm sure that it looks normal to them.

xvx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:17 pm 
i need some fresh air

hey can i get a link to his website?? where there is more pics and he explains his mods?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:22 pm 
i need some fresh air

kurt wrote:
seitan wrote:

i agree it looks ridiculous to us, because of our own cultural baggage. i just try and remember that all of that cultural baggage is totally arbitrary.

i also think that people in africa with distended necks or huge plates in their lip look ridiculous, but i'm sure that it looks normal to them.

xvx

when i see pics of people in Africa with stuff similar to this i don't think it looks ridiculous. but does on this guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:31 pm 
i need some fresh air

Yeah, that's because the people in Africa have a reason behind it that has history as opposed to some random honkey saying I like facial piercings. Also, the amount of Africans that do this stuff is like 1%. My whole family is African and piercings beyond the two standard ears are weird to most of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:33 pm 
i need some fresh air

directhitzine wrote:
kurt wrote:
seitan wrote:

xvx

when i see pics of people in Africa with stuff similar to this i don't think it looks ridiculous. but does on this guy.

ehh, doesn't affect my life (or anyone's besides his) so its nothing to worry about really.

i still maintain any ideas that it is "ridiculous" are arbirtrary and culturally based.

xvx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:37 pm 
i need some fresh air

i think it's cool that people have the courage to do what ever it is that they want to do with their own appearance. like Kurt said, it only affects HIM. i've got straightedge tattooed across my throat and people look at me like i'm insane, which is debatable...

i've actually had old women hold their purses as tight as possible as i've walked pass them, even run to the otherside of the street.

people are weird.

peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:26 pm 
i need some fresh air

He should be expecting a call from Jim Rose any day now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:35 pm 
i need some fresh air

maaaaan! thats pretty heavy!
I just cant imagine the hassle of having all those mods! i found my lip piercing dodgy enough being at shows and worrying about it getting ripped out in the pit! so in the end took it out!
my ears worry me a bit too at shows but i always try to remember to wear non hollow plugs so they dont catch!

http://www.myspace.com/morethanlifehardcore

Me: http://www.myspace.com/igaveyouwings

my trading list: http://www.howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1565

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:48 pm 
i need some fresh air

veganxben wrote:
I just cant imagine the hassle of having all those mods! i found my lip piercing dodgy enough being at shows and worrying about it getting ripped out in the pit! so in the end took it out!
my ears worry me a bit too at shows but i always try to remember to wear non hollow plugs so they dont catch!

yeah i wa never into piercings... especially since i've seen so many gauged ears get ripped at shows.... that's brutal... people used to tape them up or put bandaids on them because even the solid plugs could get poked out when a finger goes in there....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:12 pm 
i need some fresh air

Tahir wrote:
veganxben wrote:

yeah i wa never into piercings... especially since i've seen so many gauged ears get ripped at shows.... that's brutal... people used to tape them up or put bandaids on them because even the solid plugs could get poked out when a finger goes in there....

whats bandaid?
a yeh i have one pair of plugs that are fairly mosh proof!
other than that its hoods up for protection!

http://www.myspace.com/morethanlifehardcore

Me: http://www.myspace.com/igaveyouwings

my trading list: http://www.howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1565

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:57 am 
i need some fresh air

bandaid is the American term for sticky plaster I believe.

Tahir, those old ladies probably saw the words straightedge on your neck and thought, I bet he's one of those record collectors on HYE and he's gonna take our money and buy more records. :lol:

Off course what that guy does to himself is only affecting him. As far as I can remember he has a clothing company. Can't find the link to were I saw the dudes stuff. Probably myspace or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:19 pm 
i need some fresh air

kurt wrote:
directhitzine wrote:
kurt wrote:
seitan wrote:

xvx

ehh, doesn't affect my life (or anyone's besides his) so its nothing to worry about really.

i still maintain any ideas that it is "ridiculous" are arbirtrary and culturally based.

xvx

i dont think anybody here is worrying about it, we're just saying what we think about it :) i personally think it looks ridiculous.
theres a guy over here in the uk who has a home made tattoo on his forehead "ACAB" all coppers are bastards. he can have it removed on the nhs (for free) but he wont, cos he hates cops that much.
i dont think his looks ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:36 pm 
i need some fresh air

what about the guy who tattooed skinheadz on his forehead. the crazy thing is that he did it himself, but when he was doing it, it was the correct spelling in the reflection in the mirror. but it actually says

ZDAEHNIKS

I saw the bloke in London and mentioned it to someone and they explained the above.

silly boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:21 pm 
i need some fresh air

To each his own. I personally would not go that extreme, but that's just me. I've had people say I'm too extreme with tattoos , (sleeves, hands, fingers, neck, chest, back, legs) but it's not too much for me. It's all relative I guess. And, my Skinhead friend George has ACAB tattooed on the inside of his lip. The 4-Skins were GREAT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:29 pm 
i need some fresh air

Glen Confront wrote:
To each his own. I personally would not go that extreme, but that's just me. I've had people say I'm too extreme with tattoos , (sleeves, hands, fingers, neck, chest, back, legs) but it's not too much for me. It's all relative I guess. And, my Skinhead friend George has ACAB tattooed on the inside of his lip. The 4-Skins were GREAT!

ever heard of hardskin and their song acac? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:39 pm 
i need some fresh air

I've heard of Hardskin, I must be the only person on this side of the water that has never actually heard them.
Sean Forbes is a funny and clever dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:45 pm 
i need some fresh air

directhitzine wrote:
I've heard of Hardskin, I must be the only person on this side of the water that has never actually heard them.

nick kept going on aboutn them, but i wasnt that impressed, i think he tried hyping themj too much.
i was expecting blitz but got cockney rejects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:46 pm 
i need some fresh air

seitan wrote:
directhitzine wrote:

nick kept going on aboutn them, but i wasnt that impressed, i think he tried hyping themj too much.
i was expecting blitz but got cockney rejects.

:lol: :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:03 pm 
i need some fresh air

yeah i get the looks and women zipping up their purses and all too.cause i have both arms sleeved,almost,and have 1 and 9/16th inch plugs in my ears.
its really lame how people stare,but i also understand why.i mostly get kids staring at me,but i dont mind.they usually just wanna know.and most parents arent rude about it.they'll ask if their child can look at the ink or plugs.
what i dont understand is how does tattoos and plugs equal scary person or mean person!??!.perhaps tattoos are associated with inmates?.and some or most think that of anyone with tattoos?.thats the lame part!.
tattoos are so trendy now a days though.

i think this person,the pics above,has cool plugs.pretty friggin big,even for me.must be alot to carry on your face.i sleep with my plugs in.wonder if he does.if so,that must be a pain in the ass!.i never did the side of the nose.
had 1 inside,but took it out.too much all over the face bothers me.
but it looks really tribal if you do it simple.his looks great,to me.

XONE ETHICX
XXXjohnXXX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:18 pm 
i need some fresh air

Hey Rat, yeah I've heard HardSkin but not that song. What does ACAC stand for? All Coppers are C*nts? All Coppers are C*cks? You like much Oi? I like the music but alot of the old bands were way too nationalist and right wing. But The Oppressed are one of my fave bands. Angelic Upstarts as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:22 pm 
i need some fresh air

Glen Confront wrote:
Hey Rat, yeah I've heard HardSkin but not that song. What does ACAC stand for? All Coppers are C*nts? All Coppers are C*cks? You like much Oi? I like the music but alot of the old bands were way too nationalist and right wing. But The Oppressed are one of my fave bands. Angelic Upstarts as well.

ha ha, yeah, its cunts.
i do like oi, but as you said, too much of it is nationalistic/patriotic. even the oppressed are patriotic! and the upstarts are too. i think its a VERY thin line between patriotic and nationalistic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:43 pm 
i need some fresh air

Was Mensie (think that's how you spell his name) not quite outspoken against rascism and what not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:46 pm 
i need some fresh air

True True True. Patriotism and nationalism are pretty much the same putrid disease. In this country that shit is WAAAYYY out of hand, especially lately. You have idiots saying moronic shit like "I'm a proud American and all these "illegal aliens" need to get out of America". Fucking moron, the U.S. is only part of America! North America, Central America, South America. But the arrogence of people is that only the U.S. is America. I don't believe in borders anyways. It's just another way to divide people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:59 pm 
i need some fresh air

directhitzine wrote:
Was Mensie (think that's how you spell his name) not quite outspoken against rascism and what not?

yeah, theyve done anti fascist gigs, but theyre still in to "england", they even have that song called england.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:00 pm 
i need some fresh air

Glen Confront wrote:
True True True. Patriotism and nationalism are pretty much the same putrid disease. In this country that shit is WAAAYYY out of hand, especially lately. You have idiots saying moronic shit like "I'm a proud American and all these "illegal aliens" need to get out of America". Fucking moron, the U.S. is only part of America! North America, Central America, South America. But the arrogence of people is that only the U.S. is America. I don't believe in borders anyways. It's just another way to divide people.

totally dude.