Catalyst Records

Catalyst Records Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 68
Location: Naboo Lake
xChris Zx wrote:
xchipxsem wrote:
xChris Zx wrote:
xWendelx wrote:
· The Promise (i was very sad when i saw the bassist drunk and fighting when he came with Terror.)


I thought Buske was still edge?
Isn't he in Path?


No, JD is Jon Dennison from Another Victim, The Promise, Unholy, etc...still a standup dood. Hadnt seen him years and he still remembered me like he'd seen me the day before.


My mistake...

I still thought Buske was edge though.





i remember about buske when he come to play with terror, he says "PEOPLE CHANGE, FOR 15 YEARS I WAS STRAIGHT EDGE AND I RESPECT A LOT THAT , ALSO I GOT A TATTOO IN MY LEG, I´M THE SAME PERSON ONLY AM STRAIGHT EDGE NO MORE"
i was very dissapointed cause i want to talk about the lyrics of another victim and the promise, that really make an impact in my life about to see the drug free idea.
this one is of my favorites of another victim

Threat
I wear the X as a guide
To brighten the path
Of a world of darkness
Falling before me
I wear the X as a symbol of war
I strive to live against
The demons of lost hope
I will not fall into line
Like so many before me
I will not succumb to the lies
Like so many before me
I will not surrebder myself
Like so many before me
From the ashes of a failed revolution...
Here I stand
Convicted to succeed
Where others have failed
My mind is my one true weapon
My one true threat
The one last wrench in the machine

and the promise

So much has been killed by hacks masking tough. Vicious thoughts from bitter tots, a tattoo was never enough, played the part but didn't know what it all meat. Only thought of being hard and impressing friends. The proof is here by holding on to what we think is right. Clinging to just a few words to get us by. All critics try to twist it, they were once like me, the facts remain we are who we are. Just face it. Believ, take the time realize what you want inside, think it over, listen to your heart and not just your pride. Let's make every second count. We will keep pushing on. The proof is here by holding on to what think is right. Clinging to just a few words to get us by

why if he is a sell out still dna?
and what a about nick the drumer of terror, he sellout too?

and what really pissme off was that buske in the sound check was playing the beggining of THE DISCIPLINE :x
so he´s not sxe and in the terror dvd hes eating ice cream, i dont see if its was vegan icecream...
i really dont know a lot of things, all are rumors, but trully about that buske is sxe no more i saw him drinking and he talks with me about that and other friends watch him fighting...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:36 am 
Offline
i need some fresh air
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:51 am
Posts: 738
oh man, DNA is full of sellouts. has been since the late '90's....

_________________
Record Trade list: http://www.howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=225


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:41 pm 
Offline
i need some fresh air

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:52 am
Posts: 372
Location: CA
xvladyx wrote:

and what a about nick the drumer of terror, he sellout too?


that dude's edge went dull while he was in Carry On.

_________________
Marvin Gaye > Morrissey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:48 pm 
Offline
i need some fresh air

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:08 am
Posts: 415
Location: PARIS, France...un 3 pièce a Choisy Le Roi, 5eme étage sans ascenseur
Tahir wrote:
oh man, DNA is full of sellouts. has been since the late '90's....

heard that dude of DNA have"XXX" inked on the dick :lol: :lol: :lol:
buske played some riffs of path of resistance last time terror played in paris
but, has vogel said "terror is not a fucking straight edge band, terror is not a fucking vegan band" !

_________________
I wear these X's on my fist like you wear those herpes on your lips !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:31 am 
Offline
i need some fresh air

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:11 am
Posts: 991
Location: Cincinnati,Ohio
luc315 wrote:
Tahir wrote:
oh man, DNA is full of sellouts. has been since the late '90's....

heard that dude of DNA have"XXX" inked on the dick :lol: :lol: :lol:
buske played some riffs of path of resistance last time terror played in paris
but, has vogel said "terror is not a fucking straight edge band, terror is not a fucking vegan band" !


Is Scott vegan?
Not that it matters to me.
Some kids said he was when we went and saw First Blood.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:52 am 
Offline
i need some fresh air

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:08 am
Posts: 415
Location: PARIS, France...un 3 pièce a Choisy Le Roi, 5eme étage sans ascenseur
yeadudeyea wrote:
luc315 wrote:
Tahir wrote:
oh man, DNA is full of sellouts. has been since the late '90's....

heard that dude of DNA have"XXX" inked on the dick :lol: :lol: :lol:
buske played some riffs of path of resistance last time terror played in paris
but, has vogel said "terror is not a fucking straight edge band, terror is not a fucking vegan band" !


Is Scott vegan?
Not that it matters to me.
Some kids said he was when we went and saw First Blood.

he's no longer and it seems his years of vegetarism/veganism means nothing

_________________
I wear these X's on my fist like you wear those herpes on your lips !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:45 pm
Posts: 104
In an interview he said that he was still vegetarian.
At the ExC show in Antwerp he was talking about ExC on stage and how they made an impact on him. That vegans and non-vegans should dance alike.

What is this dna crew anyway? (and I remember the dna dude with the XXX tattooed on his dick)

_________________
Words are weapons, used towards a (r)evolution.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 4
Blah blah blah...

I was an asshole when I was still vegan and Straight Edge, people. Me being rude and fighting isn't some new revelation since I've started drinking... ask around — I do have a reputation and I'm not afraid to live up to it. If anything, I was probably MORE of an obnoxious asshole 10 years ago when I was Mr. Uber-Edge. As for you, xWendelx... if you were there in Mexico that night and were so upset by me, why didn't you say something then? Why have you chosen to air out your dirty laundry on a message board? Didn't think it'd get back to me? Scared that I would have punched you in the fucking mouth? Luckily, one of my good friends, who is very Straight Edge, actually showed this thread to me. So, now... here I get to sit and read all about the lies of my life by a bunch of self-righteous children who don't even know my middle name, phone number, or birthday. Seems real impersonal and very inaccurate if you ask me.

<i><b>"...not for you, not for them, just for me."</b></i>

Yeah, my band said that and I still believe in those words... today, more than ever. Straight Edge, to me, has always been a personal commitment made through a personal choice for self-improvement. I never chose to be a part of some "true til death" scene, I never committed to anyone other than myself... I was merely Straight Edge because I wanted to be and had to be to get me through a certain part of my life. If dudes are bitter because I "sold out", that's ridiculous, childish and cliche. Have some faith in yourselves before you start following the faith of someone else. Sit down with me for more than 2 minutes and you'll see I still have nothing but the utmost respect for Straight Edge and those who adhere to it. My time was up, I didn't care anymore... so I stopped. Plain and simple. I'm not a fake, never have been, so I'm not going to claim Straight Edge when I no longer care for it and it no longer has a meaningful impact on my life. End of story.

To quote my man, Human Furnace;

<i><b>"I'd rather be hated for what I am, than to be loved for what I am not."</b></i>

As far as DNA, it's never had anything to do with Straight Edge, vegetarianism, veganism, moshing, or any other hardcore related scene... never will. I am still DNA and will be DNA until the day that I die. You people have no idea what you are talking about, so please leave my family out of it before it becomes a real issue. Straight up!

About me playing Earth Crisis and Path songs on stage. They too are family to me and certain members of my DNA family play in Path. Straight Edge or not, I will always support and love those bands. Here's a question for you — what if JD, or Scott Crouse played a Madball riff on stage? Would that make them any LESS Straight Edge because the riff was written by somebody who wasn't Straight Edge? It's no different than me playing 'The Discipline' on stage. You people are clutching at straws trying to find reasons to bash and discredit me for no longer caring. Give me a break... grow the fuck up. It's an inevitable fact of life that people will and DO change. Maybe once you experience life outside of the moshpit and internet, you'll come to learn that. Until then, I'll play every Earth Crisis song ever written on stage as well as every Another Victim and The Promise song if I feel like it... just to spite you mother fuckers. It's music... the one thing that is SUPPOSE to bring us all together. Remember?

Nick Jett is still Straight Edge. Again, you don't know what you're talking about. 

If anyone has something more to say, feel free to talk TO ME about it. You know where to find me at any given day, it's not hard.

If not — jbuskedna@gmail.com — use it wisely.

...and don't think if I see you loud mouth, brave behind the computer screen bitches you're safe.

You wanna treat me like a fool, I'll treat you like a fool... Straight Edge, or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:10 pm 
Offline
i need some fresh air
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 2188
Location: Broad x Ripple
Buske,
its cool you responded to people. but don't use this board to make threats of violence.

not how things work here.

xvx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 4
No threats were made. I never directly implied violence on anybody, I merely stated that if you want to treat me disrespectfully, I'll do the same in return. A simple case of "give respect, get it back".

I'm not here to lay down the law or flex on anyone, I'm here to advertise my disgust for people who don't know what they fuck they are talking about me, my family and my friends. I have a right and genuine reason to be upset... it's obviously going to show in the words I choose.

If I'm being too harsh and "threatening" for this forum, by all means ban me... just know I'm not chump and if a dude wants to run his mouth FALSELY and UNTRULY about me and mine, I won't take lightly to that.

Again - jbuskedna@gmail.com - if anyone wants to talk man to man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:01 pm
Posts: 33
Location: chile
hey jonathan ! no hagas caso a las cosas que eres juzgada en este foro.
yo soy de chile, sudamerica , y bueno sin importar tu condicion actual de ser o no ser straight edge, realmente me da lo mismo! con tu vida puedes hacer lo que quieras men porque es TU vida, y si la gente de aca no lo quiere aceptar, bueno , que se vallan a la mierda!
yo en lo personal disfruto mucho a terror , a the promise , etc! y a la gente de 2 caras , que se jodan !

saludos! desde south america ! y espero que entiendas mi idioma

_________________
Image

COLO COLO ERES MI VIDA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:00 am 
Offline
i need some fresh air

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:09 pm
Posts: 379
Location: Indiana/Chicago
jbdxxx wrote:
hey jonathan ! no hagas caso a las cosas que eres juzgada en este foro.
yo soy de chile, sudamerica , y bueno sin importar tu condicion actual de ser o no ser straight edge, realmente me da lo mismo! con tu vida puedes hacer lo que quieras men porque es TU vida, y si la gente de aca no lo quiere aceptar, bueno , que se vallan a la mierda!
yo en lo personal disfruto mucho a terror , a the promise , etc! y a la gente de 2 caras , que se jodan !

saludos! desde south america ! y espero que entiendas mi idioma


What?

_________________
HYE

Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:26 pm 
Offline
i need some fresh air
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Santa Cruz Vegan Edge, Monterrey, México
Humm... i think i was misunderstood. (my bad english, maybe?)

I only said that it was sad to see you fighting a local guy after a good show, and JUST THAT, about being drunk it was because i just didn't know that you were not edge anymore, i think it happens to everyone.

I'm pretty neutral about being edge or not, really. I don't even say sellout anymore and i don't like to hear it.

I wish i could tell you more, but my english is not that good, and i don't want to try to say something and being misunderstood once again. I decided not to tell you anything personally it was because i knew it was not the time.

jbdxxx's translation:
Hey Jonathan!, don't listen to the things you are being judged in this message board.
I'm from Chile, Southamerica, and well, besides you actua lifestye being Straight Edge or not, i don't really care! You can do with your life whatever you want because it is YOUR life, and if people here don't want to accept/embrace it, well, fuck them!
I, personally enjoy Terror and the promise too much, and to the 2 faced people, fuck them!
Greetings from South America, and i hope you understand my language.

_________________
Esta lucha por la vida no terminará hasta nuestra muerte.

VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:17 pm
Posts: 179
Location: Portland, OR
Sorry to say this so called "family" crap is everything that is wrong with hardcore today. Over the years ive been in and out of crews and what I came to realize is that it is nothing but total thug bullshit. DNA goes way back, and I have some old friends that were in and still probably consider themselves in DNA, but im sorry to say there is something seriously wrong with that whole line of thinking. We should be fighting and standing up for our ideals and beliefs, not for our "friendship and brotherhood". For years I got into fights to back up my "friends and brothers" because thats what you were "supposed to do". What I have come to realize now that my only true brothers and sisters are those I share a common struggle with. Those fighting for human, animal and earth liberation. No longer will I let "crews" or "family" or "brotherhood" get in the way of what really fucking matters.

_________________
unity within the "scene" is a contradiction. i don't unite with what i despise. don't go along, i won't get along in this united scene dream. i won't pretend to care and waste my time, waste my time on you.

http://www.myspace.com/xveganjihadx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 4
xdarthveganx wrote:
Sorry to say this so called "family" crap is everything that is wrong with hardcore today. Over the years ive been in and out of crews and what I came to realize is that it is nothing but total thug bullshit. DNA goes way back, and I have some old friends that were in and still probably consider themselves in DNA, but im sorry to say there is something seriously wrong with that whole line of thinking. We should be fighting and standing up for our ideals and beliefs, not for our "friendship and brotherhood". For years I got into fights to back up my "friends and brothers" because thats what you were "supposed to do". What I have come to realize now that my only true brothers and sisters are those I share a common struggle with. Those fighting for human, animal and earth liberation. No longer will I let "crews" or "family" or "brotherhood" get in the way of what really fucking matters.


You don't know how the DNA thing works, so you really have no leverage to say that it's a typical "crew" that leads to "total thug bullshit". Never once has anyone in DNA ever taken their beef to the streets, or whatever thug cliche term you wanna use to prove any sort of superiority (like many crews do). We don't wear our letters on our sleeves and flaunt them because that's not what it's about to us. We are, simply, a family and support system and have never tried to portray that as anything different. Whatever preconceived notions people have about us, it is because they are misinformed and ignorant, period.

And what does this have to do with my no longer being Straight Edge anyways? My reply was obviously in defense of me "selling out", but since somebody else wanted to spread lies about DNA, I merely clarified the situation and suggested keeping people who have nothing to do with this argument out of it. There was no claims to physical violence anywhere or "thug bullshit". I am clearly saying... don't bring people into an argument that they have nothing to do with. Give respect, get it back.

With all due respect to your outlook on "brotherhood", I'd rather die next to the people who have unconditional love for me and have proven that to me whether I was Straight Edge and vegan, or eating a steak high as a kite. Those who love ME for ME, not for my ideals and beliefs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:17 pm
Posts: 179
Location: Portland, OR
Stop and think for a second. You may realize that this isn't about "you". Honestly I could care less if you sold out sxe or not. I care about the animals being tortured, the trees being cut down, and the rivers being polluted. These issues are a lot fucking bigger than "me being me".

Also
Quote:
"As for you, xWendelx... if you were there in Mexico that night and were so upset by me, why didn't you say something then? Why have you chosen to air out your dirty laundry on a message board? Didn't think it'd get back to me? Scared that I would have punched you in the fucking mouth?"



no offense but in this paragraph you come off as a tough guy asshole. Maybe that isn't how you really are, but if thats not the image you are trying to portray then maybe you should think about and choose your words more carefully. The fact of the matter is, I know someone still vegan, still sxe that was very much involved in the Syracuse hardcore scene during the ExC and Path days. You know who he is im sure, but I will not name names. He was in DNA, still sort of considers it a part of who he is and who he was. However, looking back he has honestly told me that a lot of things DNA did and stood for are not things he was proud of. Anyways point made there are bigger issues at hand. I honestly think the current Donnybrook/Terror "FSU" issue is a MUCH bigger problem in hardcore these days. But all in all its the same mentality. I used to hang out with the guys from "donnybrook" back in the Hurricanrana days. All of us were "brothers" sticking up for one another unconditionally. I got in so many fights for absolutely no reason, most of which my friends started. But anyways, shit started getting worse and worse and that was enough of a wake up call to remove myself from that situation all together. Anyways since then, kids have gotten shot, and stabbed, and thrown in prison as a result of that shit. Guess I got out just in time. Anyways that being said, im tired of this tough guy, sexist jock bullshit in the hardcore scene. It has no place.

_________________
unity within the "scene" is a contradiction. i don't unite with what i despise. don't go along, i won't get along in this united scene dream. i won't pretend to care and waste my time, waste my time on you.

http://www.myspace.com/xveganjihadx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:01 pm
Posts: 57
So... back to the original topic...

When i was first getting into hardcore properly in about 2002 there was this ace band from the Uk called xCanaanx. Although I hadn't drank for a few years before that they were one of the bands that started me getting involved in hardcore, going to shows, checking out more bands etc, and so even though they didn't turn me sxe or whatever after getting into hardcore through bands like that I started to apply that label to myself. Though I wouldn't suggest that they were a particularly influential band on a large scale.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 4
xdarthveganx wrote:
Stop and think for a second. You may realize that this isn't about "you". Honestly I could care less if you sold out sxe or not. I care about the animals being tortured, the trees being cut down, and the rivers being polluted. These issues are a lot fucking bigger than "me being me".


That's great, and I don't give a shit what you think of me regardless of my edge, or not... I merely replied to the false claims and accusations of me. It wasn't me who brought up fighting, my crew, and members of my band... I'm just defending them and the lies on them as well. I respect your concern for the world, I'm not going to let people who know nothing of or about me demean me over a life decision that I made for myself. That's not what hardcore was/is/or should be about.


Quote:
no offense but in this paragraph you come off as a tough guy asshole. Maybe that isn't how you really are, but if thats not the image you are trying to portray then maybe you should think about and choose your words more carefully.


You are taking this out of context. What was meant was, he saw me get physical with someday who initially got physical with me. He saw how I would handle personal and physical disrespect, therefore, had he mentioned that I was being out of line (defending myself is far from out of line), he would have had the same action taken on him? Hence the "Scared that I would have punched you in the fucking mouth?" statement.


Quote:
The fact of the matter is, I know someone still vegan, still sxe that was very much involved in the Syracuse hardcore scene during the ExC and Path days. You know who he is im sure, but I will not name names. He was in DNA, still sort of considers it a part of who he is and who he was. However, looking back he has honestly told me that a lot of things DNA did and stood for are not things he was proud of. Anyways point made there are bigger issues at hand. I honestly think the current Donnybrook/Terror "FSU" issue is a MUCH bigger problem in hardcore these days. But all in all its the same mentality. I used to hang out with the guys from "donnybrook" back in the Hurricanrana days. All of us were "brothers" sticking up for one another unconditionally. I got in so many fights for absolutely no reason, most of which my friends started. But anyways, shit started getting worse and worse and that was enough of a wake up call to remove myself from that situation all together. Anyways since then, kids have gotten shot, and stabbed, and thrown in prison as a result of that shit. Guess I got out just in time. Anyways that being said, im tired of this tough guy, sexist jock bullshit in the hardcore scene. It has no place.


Once again, you are bringing people into an argument that has NOTHING to do with them or are in no way directly involved. There's absolutely no need to do that. Why bring up Donnybrook? Why bring up Terror? Why bring up FSU? That shit has NOTHING to do with the reason why I replied and am now sitting here arguing with you people. You people questioned my Straight Edge and insulted me, so I replied. Now you want to start a debate on "brotherhood" and "scene violence"?

As for your ex-DNA friend... I'm sure he's neglected to tell you about the personal drama he was always involved in when it came to the crew. Whether he left due to his personal beliefs and our "lack of" is not for me to argue... I really don't care what his reasons are/were... there's no need to even bring that shit into this topic. It's 101% irrelevant.

Zzzzzz... zzzzz... zzzz...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:17 pm 
Offline
i need some fresh air
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:05 pm
Posts: 552
stiff_little_toes wrote:
So... back to the original topic...

When i was first getting into hardcore properly in about 2002 there was this ace band from the Uk called xCanaanx. Although I hadn't drank for a few years before that they were one of the bands that started me getting involved in hardcore, going to shows, checking out more bands etc, and so even though they didn't turn me sxe or whatever after getting into hardcore through bands like that I started to apply that label to myself. Though I wouldn't suggest that they were a particularly influential band on a large scale.


Fucking amazing band. I listen to their CD, the demo & the split w/ TSUA all the time.

xvx

_________________
No choice do we have left but to raise our weapons to the sky
The time has come for change and this time it's war
THIS TIME IT'S WAR!

My tradelist:
http://www.howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1510


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:01 pm
Posts: 57
yeah they are amazing. Did you ever hear the demo they released after the split 7"? They were supposd to eb recordign an album, did a promo sampler of 2 tracks and then the band split up. Good tracks, especially SFE, but I still wouldn't rate it as highly as Gehenna Made Flesh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:26 pm 
Offline
i need some fresh air
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:05 pm
Posts: 552
stiff_little_toes wrote:
yeah they are amazing. Did you ever hear the demo they released after the split 7"? They were supposd to eb recordign an album, did a promo sampler of 2 tracks and then the band split up. Good tracks, especially SFE, but I still wouldn't rate it as highly as Gehenna Made Flesh.


No, I never heard that. I was bidding on it on eBay last year but it went for some ridiculous amount. Too bad. Gehenna Made Flesh just KILLS. UKHC is so underrated in general. xCanaanx, Slavearc, Stalingrad, Underclass, Hard to Swallow, tons of bands that were totally amazing & would have sold 10 times as many records if they were from the U$.

xvx

_________________
No choice do we have left but to raise our weapons to the sky
The time has come for change and this time it's war
THIS TIME IT'S WAR!

My tradelist:
http://www.howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1510


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:35 am
Posts: 56
Location: Derby, UK
Canaan were a great live band (and one of the guitarists let me use his amp at a gig once which was nice of him) but the singer was a bit of a muppet - who's since sold out on veganism incidentally.

On a personal level Earth Crisis were by far the most influential band in terms of both sXe & veganism. The lyrics on both Destroy The Machines & Gomorrah's... had a profound impact on me.

_________________
Meat is still murder, dairy is still rape.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:34 am 
Offline
i need some fresh air
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:12 pm
Posts: 1246
BuskeDNA wrote:
xdarthveganx wrote:
Sorry to say this so called "family" crap is everything that is wrong with hardcore today. Over the years ive been in and out of crews and what I came to realize is that it is nothing but total thug bullshit. DNA goes way back, and I have some old friends that were in and still probably consider themselves in DNA, but im sorry to say there is something seriously wrong with that whole line of thinking. We should be fighting and standing up for our ideals and beliefs, not for our "friendship and brotherhood". For years I got into fights to back up my "friends and brothers" because thats what you were "supposed to do". What I have come to realize now that my only true brothers and sisters are those I share a common struggle with. Those fighting for human, animal and earth liberation. No longer will I let "crews" or "family" or "brotherhood" get in the way of what really fucking matters.


You don't know how the DNA thing works, so you really have no leverage to say that it's a typical "crew" that leads to "total thug bullshit". Never once has anyone in DNA ever taken their beef to the streets, or whatever thug cliche term you wanna use to prove any sort of superiority (like many crews do). We don't wear our letters on our sleeves and flaunt them because that's not what it's about to us. We are, simply, a family and support system and have never tried to portray that as anything different. Whatever preconceived notions people have about us, it is because they are misinformed and ignorant, period.

And what does this have to do with my no longer being Straight Edge anyways? My reply was obviously in defense of me "selling out", but since somebody else wanted to spread lies about DNA, I merely clarified the situation and suggested keeping people who have nothing to do with this argument out of it. There was no claims to physical violence anywhere or "thug bullshit". I am clearly saying... don't bring people into an argument that they have nothing to do with. Give respect, get it back.

With all due respect to your outlook on "brotherhood", I'd rather die next to the people who have unconditional love for me and have proven that to me whether I was Straight Edge and vegan, or eating a steak high as a kite. Those who love ME for ME, not for my ideals and beliefs.


if dna isnt a crew or any shit liek that, then maybe youd like to explain just what it is? you say its like a family, what the fuck does that mean?
and as for people not getting involved, youve just joined a forum and talked about al lthis, so everybody on here is now involved if they care to read any of this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:40 am 
Offline
i need some fresh air
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:12 pm
Posts: 1246
stiff_little_toes wrote:
So... back to the original topic...

When i was first getting into hardcore properly in about 2002 there was this ace band from the Uk called xCanaanx. Although I hadn't drank for a few years before that they were one of the bands that started me getting involved in hardcore, going to shows, checking out more bands etc, and so even though they didn't turn me sxe or whatever after getting into hardcore through bands like that I started to apply that label to myself. Though I wouldn't suggest that they were a particularly influential band on a large scale.


nathan bean (the vocalsit) used to run the uk hl chapter. he know eats meat, but hes still sxe, so thats ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:47 am 
Offline
i need some fresh air
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:12 pm
Posts: 1246
BuskeDNA wrote:

That's great, and I don't give a shit what you think of me regardless of my edge, or not...


thats cool you dont give a shit what someone thinks of you.



BuskeDNA wrote:
He saw how I would handle personal and physical disrespect, therefore, had he mentioned that I was being out of line (defending myself is far from out of line), he would have had the same action taken on him? Hence the "Scared that I would have punched you in the fucking mouth?" statement.


wait, here you are concerned what someone thinks of you.


BuskeDNA wrote:
You people questioned my Straight Edge and insulted me, so I replied.


here we go again.
so, are you bothered what people think of you or not, its getting confusing :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by Vegan Straight Edge